HOME

Name: margalit
Location: Massachusetts, United States Professional writer, educational advocate, opinionated ultra liberal mother of 18 year old twins, living life in the slow lane due to hypertrophic cardiomyopathy, congestive heart failure, and diabetes.

email: margalitc at yahoo dot com

View My Complete Profile

My Amazon.com Wish List

Rate this Blog at Blogged

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

PanHandling!

Photobucket

Alltop, confirmation that we kick ass



Powered by FeedBlitz

Subscribe with Bloglines

Blog Search: The Source for Blogs

Add to Technorati Favorites

Digg!

Powered by Blogger

Tuesday, February 01, 2011

The best things in life

Sometimes we go about our lives forgetting how blessed we are and how lucky we are to be first world residents. I know I do, and when I hear first world whining I often try to gently point out to the whiner that perhaps there might be a good reason for others seemingly strange or annoying behavior. Like the woman who was complaining on Twitter about another passenger that was barefoot in the waiting area. To me, a champion of never wearing anything on my feet whenever possible, responded that perhaps the offender had neuropathy or other foot problems that made shoe wearing painful. This pissed off the poster, who was looking for agreement amongst her fellow tweeters.

Today in the mail came a gift from a friend. It was a simple gift, but so meaningful and so welcome. Those kind of gifts are the best, aren't they? They make me realize how lucky I am to have people that care for our dysfunctional family and know how to make the perfect gift to enhance our lives.

So what did I get in the mail? A shower curtain and hooks. Something we take totally for granted until we don't have one. We put it up immediately and I was in hot water within minutes of hanging it up. OMG, that was the best shower ever. I can't even begin to describe how much joy I got just standing under a hot stream of water, shampooing my hair. It was freaking fabulous!

Better yet, I got to put on all clean clothes after a long trip to the laundramat!  I was positively spottless, and it felt great!

Labels: , ,

Digg! Stumble It! JBlog Me add to kirtsy

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Copyright, 2003-2011 by Animzmirot Design Group. All rights reserved. No part of this blog may be reproduced in any form or by any electronic or mechanical means, including information storage and retrieval without written permission from Margalit, the publisher, except by a reviewer who may quote brief passages in a review. In other words, stealing is bad, and if you take what doesn't belong to you, it's YOUR karma.