HOME

Name: margalit
Location: Massachusetts, United States Professional writer, educational advocate, opinionated ultra liberal mother of 18 year old twins, living life in the slow lane due to hypertrophic cardiomyopathy, congestive heart failure, and diabetes.

email: margalitc at yahoo dot com

View My Complete Profile

My Amazon.com Wish List

Rate this Blog at Blogged

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

PanHandling!

Photobucket

Alltop, confirmation that we kick ass



Powered by FeedBlitz

Subscribe with Bloglines

Blog Search: The Source for Blogs

Add to Technorati Favorites

Digg!

Powered by Blogger

Wednesday, March 09, 2011

The latest blogging brouhaha

I never got to read the original post, but I saw the second round of posts which were filled with indignation and anger. Except for one asshole that seems to take pleasure in causing misery while he's insisting he's a nice guy. He isn't. At all. Ever.

OK, what is the controversy of the week. Some complete idiot guest-posted a long harangue about the nervy fat people who have the gall to rent scooters at Disney. I KNOW! Can you believe that they let fat people GO to the happiest place on earth. I mean, how can thin people be happy when there are gross fat people munching on turkey legs while they roar thru the park.  What is this world coming to?

Now, I'm a lot thinner than I used to be.  But I am still plus sized and carry around way too much paunch. And even worse, I use a scooter in stores. I admit that I just started using a scooter this past August. My initial time was at Lowes, and that scooter changed my life. Now I can go to a store and not get dizzy. Or feel faint. Now I can last more than an hour without having to stop and sit down. Oh yeah, I'm fat and I also have congestive heart failure. Those scooters are made for people like me. Disabled people. My weight isn't a part of the equation. My heart is sick. It needs extra help. And I make no bones about it, and I have no shame.

When strangers see me in a scooter I can see the look of disgust on their faces. I've been yelled at by a woman in a supermarket. I've heard barely whispered comments. People assume that because sitting on a scooter and I look healthy, I must just be fat and lazy.  Well, honestly I am fat and lazy. But I don't use the scooter for that. I use it because my heart can't handle too much exertion.

Just because you are trim and healthy doesn't give you the right to assume that because I have a hidden disability, you have the right to challenge me. I have the legal documents to park in a handicap space, to get the handicap van, to have special seats on the T, and if you don't like that, you are shit outta luck. Find another controversy to bitch about. But shut the fuck up about fat people on scooters. They might have a hidden disability just like me. And they may be deranged and angry about being judged by assholes. Just sayin'.

Labels: ,

Digg! Stumble It! JBlog Me add to kirtsy

1 Comments:

Blogger Ranchmom said...

Amen to that. My sister just turned 30. She has multiple disabilities including a severe case of Chrons disease but because she "looks healthy" she gets all kinds of nasty looks and comments if she dares to use a scooter in the store. Really, don't people have better things to worry about?

10/3/11 1:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Copyright, 2003-2011 by Animzmirot Design Group. All rights reserved. No part of this blog may be reproduced in any form or by any electronic or mechanical means, including information storage and retrieval without written permission from Margalit, the publisher, except by a reviewer who may quote brief passages in a review. In other words, stealing is bad, and if you take what doesn't belong to you, it's YOUR karma.