HOME

Name: margalit
Location: Massachusetts, United States Professional writer, educational advocate, opinionated ultra liberal mother of 18 year old twins, living life in the slow lane due to hypertrophic cardiomyopathy, congestive heart failure, and diabetes.

email: margalitc at yahoo dot com

View My Complete Profile

My Amazon.com Wish List

Rate this Blog at Blogged

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

PanHandling!

Photobucket

Alltop, confirmation that we kick ass



Powered by FeedBlitz

Subscribe with Bloglines

Blog Search: The Source for Blogs

Add to Technorati Favorites

Digg!

Powered by Blogger

Friday, March 04, 2011

Starting a project

While I am searching for furniture on craigslist, I'm also getting started on a project of my own.  Many years ago, way before kids, I bought a small oak victorian dresser for $45 at an auction. It was in good shape, had never been refinished, and had an attached chevel mirror.

When Gemma was a toddler the dresser moved into her room and became hers by default. But she never liked the dresser and over the years she beat that poor bureau into submission. The entire top was scratched, had water stains and spilled nail polish, and she totaled the mirror. First it broke off the dresser, then she destroyed to the point that it got tossed a couple of moves ago when she was in middle school.

From there the dresser spent the last 5 years in our downstairs bathroom where it held junk, tools, and a lot of Gladware tops. When we moved here I wanted to put outside our front door in the stairwell. It fit perfectly and was great for storing mittens, hats and scarves. But the landlord said it was a fire hazard and moved it back into the apartment where it has forlornly sad looking out of place and kinda lost.

I've been staring at it for a month, trying to decide what to do with it. And through all of the ideas I had, one stood out. I'm going to paint it bright white with an enamel paint, then cover that with polyurathane so the paint doesn't chip, and then I am going to use these rather bizarre drawer pulls.

 This will be the top drawer pull. I'm ordering two of them.



I know they are bizarre but I LOVE them. I am a total sucker for stuff like this.I think the dresser is going to be the bomb once it is done. I can't wait to get started!

Labels: , ,

Digg! Stumble It! JBlog Me add to kirtsy

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Copyright, 2003-2011 by Animzmirot Design Group. All rights reserved. No part of this blog may be reproduced in any form or by any electronic or mechanical means, including information storage and retrieval without written permission from Margalit, the publisher, except by a reviewer who may quote brief passages in a review. In other words, stealing is bad, and if you take what doesn't belong to you, it's YOUR karma.