HOME

Name: margalit
Location: Massachusetts, United States Professional writer, educational advocate, opinionated ultra liberal mother of 18 year old twins, living life in the slow lane due to hypertrophic cardiomyopathy, congestive heart failure, and diabetes.

email: margalitc at yahoo dot com

View My Complete Profile

My Amazon.com Wish List

Rate this Blog at Blogged

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

PanHandling!

Photobucket

Alltop, confirmation that we kick ass



Powered by FeedBlitz

Subscribe with Bloglines

Blog Search: The Source for Blogs

Add to Technorati Favorites

Digg!

Powered by Blogger

Saturday, June 11, 2011

Think twice

I'm not a Facebook whore, but I was invited to play a game called Garden of Time recently, and OMG, I got hooked hard. The game itself is kind of stupid, and I imagine it is a lot like Farmville, that FB game that was all the rage a couple of years ago. Gardens of Time (GOT) has you building a "museum" where you get to add artifacts as you move up the levels. It also has matching games, which is the part I really like about the game. I figure that this kind of mental workout is good for my rather fuzzy brain.

Anyhow, in order to get anywhere in the game you have to add neighbors. I only had a small amount of neighbors and i needed more in order to enlarge my museum. So I went on the forum and was immediately stumped by one of the 2 math questions you have to answer in order to register on the forum. I finally figured out the answer and posted a query for some new neighbors. Little did I know that thousands of people read the forums and they started requesting that I be their neighbor at a rather alarming rate. I felt a bit like Mr Rogers. I now have more neighbors than I will ever need.

Unfortunately, my neighbors are needy folks. They keep asking me to send them gifts. Gifts that I have to send one at a time because there is no "select all" button. This means that all my spare time is spent gifting complete strangers with virtual gifts. Plus, I need gold to finish building two projects.

The moral of the story is to think twice before you get caught up in a Facebook game. Really.

Labels: ,

Digg! Stumble It! JBlog Me add to kirtsy

1 Comments:

Blogger Ranchmom said...

LOL! I played Farm Town and Frontierville for awhile, but I just can't sustain any longterm interest in those games.

11/6/11 7:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Copyright, 2003-2011 by Animzmirot Design Group. All rights reserved. No part of this blog may be reproduced in any form or by any electronic or mechanical means, including information storage and retrieval without written permission from Margalit, the publisher, except by a reviewer who may quote brief passages in a review. In other words, stealing is bad, and if you take what doesn't belong to you, it's YOUR karma.