HOME

Name: margalit
Location: Massachusetts, United States Professional writer, educational advocate, opinionated ultra liberal mother of 18 year old twins, living life in the slow lane due to hypertrophic cardiomyopathy, congestive heart failure, and diabetes.

email: margalitc at yahoo dot com

View My Complete Profile

My Amazon.com Wish List

Rate this Blog at Blogged

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

PanHandling!

Photobucket

Alltop, confirmation that we kick ass



Powered by FeedBlitz

Subscribe with Bloglines

Blog Search: The Source for Blogs

Add to Technorati Favorites

Digg!

Powered by Blogger

Monday, July 04, 2011

Meet Sulky Sue

I've been a sulky Sue the last couple of days. It isn't anything in particular, rather a series of communication misunderstandings, some careless thinking on the part of my kids, and a dirty kitchen I'm sick to dealt of looking at, but don't have the gumption to get off my fat ass and clean it. Boy, do I miss having a home health care aide that cleaned on a weekly basis. That was such luxury and so badly needed. Now? Half-assed cleaning at it's most mediocre.

I'm pissed that no matter how many times I brought up the fireworks this weekend, my kids didn't seem the least bit enthusiastic about being with me. Last night they basically snuck out of the house to go to the fireworks in Needham. No, they didn't ask me to go, even though the driver is a friend of  Grahams that is staying with us because his parents won't let him stay alone at their house whilst they are in NJ.

This morning I brought it up again and Gemma made some lame excuse and then took off for the afternoon. Then Graham and friend left to go have a BBQ at friends back yard with the fancy outdoor kitchen, taking all of our condiments with them. Graham is home minus the condiments but still with friend, Gemma is in Newton at boyfriends house and they both swear they are not going to the fireworks.

I'm just annoyed because this should be a family day, but we don't seem to have those anymore. They live with me, but want nothing to do with me. I hate this. I know it will change, that it is the age, etc. But I have all the misery of empty nest syndrome complicated with the pig sty that is living with teens. 

It is like I'm being punished. I just want to spend a little time with them doing family-type stuff. Is that too much to ask?

Labels: ,

Digg! Stumble It! JBlog Me add to kirtsy

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Copyright, 2003-2011 by Animzmirot Design Group. All rights reserved. No part of this blog may be reproduced in any form or by any electronic or mechanical means, including information storage and retrieval without written permission from Margalit, the publisher, except by a reviewer who may quote brief passages in a review. In other words, stealing is bad, and if you take what doesn't belong to you, it's YOUR karma.